Travel to Hong Kong

How to do with the VISA?

Visas are not required for:

1. British passport holders for stays up to 180 days – or 90 days for citizens of British Dependent Territories and British Overseas citizens

2. citizens of Australia, Canada, the EU, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and the USA for stays up to 90 days

3. holders of many African (including South African), South American and Middle Eastern passports for visits of 30 days or less.

Anyone wishing to stay longer than the visa-free period must apply for a visa before travelling to Hong Kong.

If you require a visa, you must apply beforehand at the nearest Chinese consulate or embassy; see

Visa extensions must be applied for in person at the Hong Kong Immigration Department seven days from visa expiry.

If you plan to visit mainland China, you must have a visa.

You can check all visa requirements at